Monday, August 16, 2010

Alright Mommies, I Need Suggestions!

Remember an older blog post I wrote that was about Alette and her magic tricks, well it's starting to drive me bonkers! Alright, so Alette has a tendency of doing 90 degree turn while she's sleeping. This has only become a problem as of recently because she is now long enough to KICK the rails of her crib when her head is against the other rail. Now, you probably are wondering what the problem is and the problem is this, she wakes herself up (either because it hurts when she kicks the rails or because she makes so much racket how could anyone sleep through it) therefore she wakes us up! I'm not sure what we can do because us going in there to correct her from sleeping that way would wake her up too. SO, does ANYBODY have any suggestions on what we could do? Maybe this is what I will have to live with, but we were so spoiled having a baby that slept through the night and I want it that way again! Below are some pictures incase you don't know what I'm talking about.

Before:

This is the way we put her to bed.


After:

This is the way we find her, notice her little feet against the rails.


I decided to put this one because she's so irresistibly adorable!
(I know it's upside down, but that's the charm of it)

5 comments:

Kuulei and Nick said...

This is a test comment to see if this Template is working correctly.

Colleen said...

I don't think there's much you can do, unfortunately. They do make sleep positioners, but there has been some evidence that they are a SIDS risk, so you don't want to mess with that. I'm afraid you're just going to have to turn her around sometimes. :)

I like your new template!

Leonani said...

I know I'm not a mom but I would position blankets around her in a way to prevent her from changing positions. Or Put the blankets along the spot where her head normally ends up to cushion the bumps. I'm not sure if this will help but that's all I got. Ooh, maybe lay her down the short way so when she moves at night she'll end up the long way. Oh yeah. :)

Erika said...

Bumpers. Ellie did the same thing and I think if we didn't have the bumpers she would have had some major bruises or just a malformed head. She crept right up to the bumpers. I tucked the bottoms between the mattress and the bars so she wouldn't get trapped and suffocate but left enough to provide some cushion. We didn't have overly puffy bumpers either. So really, the risk of SIDS for me wasn't that much of an issue. Plus since she can roll over now it's a way lower risk anyway. That's my advice. Bumpers. Worked for us for the same problem. Good luck!!! She really is adorable.

Annie Ogle said...

Bumpers are a good idea. I'm not sure what to say really because Jared doesn't move that much when he sleeps. You could try starting her out with her feet right at the foot of the crib so she has something to kick against, but won't hit her head. Here are a couple links to UK products that might help (you can probably get them in the US):
http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Safababy-Sleeper/dp/B000K9K7F4/sr=1-1/qid=1283899146/ref=sr_1_1/278-0013627-2186600?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

http://www.mothercare.com/Summer-Infant-Resting-Up-Wedge/dp/B003SYAH80/sr=1-1/qid=1283899233/ref=sr_1_1/278-0013627-2186600?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44409031&mcb=core

PS, I am going to get him weighed soon so I'll post his size. I wonder how he'll compare with Alette compare, being so close in age and from tall parents!)

Post a Comment