Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bald is Beautiful

Lately, we have been getting a lot of comments on how cute our baby boy is. Normally, I would feel proud. There is one small problem though, Alette is not a boy! Alette has a little bald head and a black car seat. We got a black car seat hoping it would be unisex enough to where we can use it if we had a boy one day so I can see the confusion. Alette usually wears pink though and has a pink blanket so I still wonder why people think she is a boy. Alette is not ashamed of her baldness though, she told me in a recent conversation of ours that many beautiful women are bald. Have a look at these three beauties...


Granted Sinead O'Conner is a bit nuts a lot of people think she is beautiful. Demi Moore and Natalie Portman sport their scalps well. Even though I think Alette is a bald beauty I really do hope that one day her hair grows in. Not only do I want to learn how to do pig tails and braids, mostly I really just don't want her to end up looking like this...

5 comments:

Barton hawaii said...

lol i hope she doesnt end up like that to lolbut dont worry u and nick are awsome parents :)

Erika said...

I know it all too well. Here they expect your baby to have her ears pierced by 2 weeks old so that throws them off too. That's why I made a bow to match every outfit. And they still called her a boy.

Colleen said...

Ha ha, too funny. I'm sure Alette doesn't take it to heart. Seriously, it's all about the bows.

Leonani said...

Haha! Too funny! Not to worry Harkers... People aren't so smart and call babies whatever they want. For instance, my brother and two nephews were mistaken for girls even though they were dressed head to toe in blue, with a blue blanket and "boyish" toys around them. It's a never-ending battle.

Kuulei and Nick said...

That is what I was thinking, even with a bow and dressed in pink for some reason people think the baby is still a boy!

Post a Comment