Monday, October 11, 2010

1/2 a year old!


New Stats:
Length: 28 1/2"
Weight: 19 lbs 13 oz
Currently wearing 12-18 month onesies.

Well our baby is looking more and more like a toddler than an infant. We took her in to get her shots on Saturday. Nick was finally able to make it to one of her appt. and he had to hold her while they gave her 3 shots. It was so sad, but I was glad Nick had to do it instead of me.

Alette can/likes to:
> Roll- She has recently found out she can roll to her tummy, it was driving me nuts because after she got to her tummy she couldn't get back to her back. She now knows how to flip back and forth but when she's tired and/or lazy she just cries and waits for us to put her on her back.
> Eat- She's always liked eating but she really enjoy's her baby food. She LOVES carrots, squash, sweet potatoes. She likes some other vegetables. Although, just the last two days she has really started fighting us about eating, it's kind of worrisome but I hope she snaps out of it soon.
> She still LOVES bath time.
> She really loves paper? don't ask me why but she gets excited when we go and get the mail and I give her one of the envelopes.
> Loves getting her ears cleaned. She stop what she's doing when we start rubbing her ears or cleaning them, she'll just lay there and look at the ceiling.


Well, I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head. She was teething a little but no tooth has appeared yet and it's kind of sad to have an extremely grumpy baby that you can't do anything for. Over all she is a joy to be around. Nick and I have so much fun with her and can't wait to see what her next milestones bring us!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

So cute! That dress is darling. That's funny, Elijah loved all of the orange-colored veggies too. Don't even bother buying the meat flavored baby food. I ended up feeding it to my cats because E wouldn't touch it! I can't believe Alette is already 6 months old!

Leonani said...

Wow! Go Alette! Or rather, Grow Alette! Haha! Sorry, I'm a dork. Be happy that she loves the baby foods that she does. But be careful w/ all of the orange ones. She'll get orangey. I'm not kidding. One time w/ one of the foster kids, they at a lot of orange baby food and started to have an orange undertone. We had to stop it for a little while until their color came back. :)

Erika said...

Ellie still doesn't like to eat most days. But somehow she's growing. I love the picture of Alette. You can tell she's starting to get some hair!!

Post a Comment