Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thanksgiving

(Our family of Turkey's (my hand, Alette's and Nick's).)

I love that there is a holiday set aside for us to remember the stuff we normally overlook. I have so much to be thankful for and sometimes it seems we forget about them or get caught up with life. So, right now I'll take the time to recognize the most important things that I am so blessed to have.

- The Church, without the church the struggles we go through in life would be much more difficult. I love how it brings our family even closer.

- My wonderful Husband. Nick, is fantastic husband, he's funny, smart, good-looking, patient, loving, and an awesome daddy. I love the way fatherhood came so naturally to him, I love watching him with Alette. Nick has been able to juggle both school and home and he's done so very successfully. I couldn't imagine being married to a better man.

- My Beautiful and amazing daughter, Alette. She's is the light in our dark, she can bring a smile to your face so easily. I love her so much and am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be her mommy. She has a funny sense of humor already and I can't wait to see how she grows and blossoms into a young woman. It's funny how strong of a love you can have for such a small person.

- Family, I can't even begin to express my appreciation for my family and Nick's family. I love them and don't think I could be who I am without them. Both families have played such important roles in my life and when ever I get the opportunity to hang out with either side I get excited because there's something about just being around family that warms your heart.

-Friends, my family away from family. I love that no matter where you end up you'll make new friends and they end up being your family. It makes living far away from real family not so bad.

- Our apartment, although small, is a nice safe place that I can be confident that my family and I will be safe and warm/ cool if it's hot outside.

- Food/ Water, I know this is a given but there's been a couple times in the last month and a half where we were out of water. I had no idea I used water so often during the day and how much of a convenience it is in our life.

- My phone/ internet. Without this technology it would make it difficult to keep in touch with our loved ones.

Well, for now this is all I can really think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there is a ton of other things and if I do think of something I will be sure to post it.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

We love you too! So glad you will be here to spend Thanksgiving with us!

Leonani said...

Love the door decorations! :) Good job at recognizing what you are thankful for. Too often we forget. :) I know I do!

Kuulei and Nick said...

Colleen, I actually think I'll be able to spend Thanksgiving with Nick. I do leave a few days after though. I get to Utah on the 28th.

Mamarazzi said...

beautiful list of gratitude!

love the turkeys too!!

Mamarazzi said...

i am so glad you removed the word verification, i have tried commenting a few times today, with no luck whatsoever....so this thrills me.

i appreciate your comment over on my blog. i always try my best to follow people who comment on my blog back to theirs to leave a little love!

Justin & Ashlee said...

Good to hear from you :) I actually have to thank you for the turkey idea. It was fun making it together. Have a good Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment